If you build a large amount of positive customer feedback it will increase your stature in the marketplace ( I should know I have over 31,000 on my main account!).
Feedback shows buyers what others who have done business with you thought about you and your service. If you get even a few negative feedback ratings it can be very bad for business.
This article is going to show you how to build up a large amount of great feedback in the shortest time.
I have tested the following method this recently with my own personal account.
1. After you’ve registered an account with eBay and paypal your ready to start building feedback. First off, you can purchase a few inexpensive items and get your first few feedbacks from sellers. I looked for some cheap music CD’s and only paid a few dollars each. That got me about 10 feedbacks without selling anything.
2. Next, find a very low-ticket priced item that’s small and light. Cheap $1 jewelry, sunglasses, playing cards, etc.
You could re-sell some of the items you bought – if you buy carefully you can make a profit.
3. Launch a lot of these as low-ticket auctions with no reserve. You just want to sell as many items as you can in the shortest amount of time. This is why I’ve selected a low price point item. You can sell massive amounts of small items regardless of how much feedback you have. Bigger, more expensive products usually require more feedback to gain an eBay buyer’s trust.
4. When you ship out peoples’ goods, include a printed letter thanking them for their order and politely asking for feedback. Tell them that you have already left them positive feedback on their eBay account, and if they were happy with your service, you would appreciate the same. I find about 20% of customers never take the time to leave feedback, either negative or positive. The quick personalized note will help. If they are politely asked, most people are happy to leave beaming feedback for you.
5. Repeat the above process until you have over 100 positive feedback ratings on your eBay account. Be sure to provide fast shipping and courteous customer service to ensure only positive feedback. After you’ve crossed 100 feedbacks, you can easily start to sell higher ticket items because the buyers will see your high feedback ratings and trust you more.
You will also nowe have gained experience of using eBay which will help you build your business.
You should take your feedback rating very seriously. It will stay with your eBay business for all time and is the scorecard of what your customers think of you. Feedback can either be a huge asset or a huge liability to your business.
Give the best customer service and fastest shipping you can.
Remember it’s just not worth risking getting even one terrible feedback review. Each negative feedback tarnishes your eBay image and makes people think twice about buying from you.
Follow the steps of this post and you’ll have no problem building and maintaining a great feedback rating.